Student Medical Insurance
Refunds for Students Enrolled in
2011-2012 Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan
Virginia Tech students enrolled in the university sponsored health insurance plan administered by Aetna Student Health during the 2011-2012 policy year will be receiving partial refunds. The refunds are a result of updated data from the prior insurance carrier of the student health plan, which became available after insurance premiums had been set for the Aetna plan.
All refunds will be posted to the student account. Refunds, net of any balance due the university, will be sent direct deposit to the account on file or checks from the university mailed to the student permanent address on record with the university.
Refund amounts are based upon a percentage of the actual amount that each student paid for their personal and/or family insurance plan. This is the first of two refunds that will be processed for the students on the 2011-2012 Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan.
We are pleased that Aetna Student Health has joined with the University to ensure that our current Student Health Insurance Plan cost accurately reflects the program.
Click link above to Enroll in 2012-2013 Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan
Highlights of the plan include:
- Enhanced Benefits when used with Schiffert Health Center
- Coverage anywhere – at school, home or traveling and through the summer
- Access to the travel assistance services including emergency assistance – available 24/7.
- Access to Aetna’s nationwide network of health care professionals
- Optional Dental Insurance Plan Available
At Virginia Tech, domestic students are encouraged, but not required, to have personal health insurance. International students and Veterinary Medicine students are required to have health insurance either through the school Student Health Insurance Plan or a comparable plan. Eligible Graduate Assistants wishing to use the health care subsidy must enroll in the Virginia Tech Student Health Insurance Plan.
We look forward to working with you to ensure your experience at Virginia Tech is healthy, productive and rewarding.
For more, go to virginiatechhealthplan.com or call Aetna Student Health at: (866) 577-7027
Fall Open Enrollment Deadline: October 1st
Virginia Tech Student Medical Insurance Team
- 2012-2013 Aetna Brochure for VT Student Health Insurance
- 2012-2013 Virginia Tech / Aetna Student Health Insurance Flyer
- HCR - Women' s Contraceptive Drugs and Devices List
- 2012-2013 VT Undergraduate Highlight Sheet
- 2012-2013 VT Graduate Highlight Sheet
- 2012-2013 VT Subsidy Eligible Graduate Assistants - Highlight Sheet
- 2012-2013 Graduate Subsidy Dependents Payroll Deductions
- 2012-2013 Cost Chart for Student Medical Insurance
- 2012-2013 International Waiver
- 2012-2013 Spring International Waiver
- 2012-2013 VMRCVM Proof of Insurance Waiver
For your convenience the Student Medical Insurance office is located at the Student Services Building; Room 110.
The hours of operation are 8:00am – Noon and 1:00pm – 5:00pm.
Email : email@example.com